Thursday, December 22, 2011

Melted Crayon Art


Have you seen these on Pinterest?!?! I was looking at these one day and Sarah came over to see what I was gawking at...She instantly fell in love and thought they were so pretty, SO I just had to make my girly one for Christmas.

This was SUPER EASY to make. (Folks, I am severely "craft challenged" so if I can do it, anyone can do it). All you do is hot glue the crayons to a canvas, hold the canvas upside down and take your blow dryer to them...

They dry pretty darn quickly, so I hot glued silk flowers on about 5 min after I melted the crayons.

Most of the ones on Pinterest seemed a bit boring to me... They had all the crayons lined up on one side of the canvas and melted down, but I just felt like they lacked "character". I googled crayon art and saw one that a lady had made into a flower garden and so I sort of copied her idea :-)

Hopefully my baby girl will LOVE it!

No comments: