Thursday, February 9, 2012

Craniosynostosis Part 2



So we had another appt up at Primary Children s Hospital this week. Things are looking good for my sweet baby. She saw two doctors and they said that most of her skull has already grown back. YAY!!! And he (her plastic surgeon) said that she will probably only have to wear her helmet for three more months instead of eight more months! This is such wonderful news in so many ways....For one thing, I miss seeing her cute head and her hair is growing so long under that darn helmet that it needs bows and flowers in it! I mean, seriously...who wants to wear a football looking helmet when you could be wearing clips and bows?!?!
Also, the helmet stinks to high heaven! Honestly no matter how much I wash her hair and scrub the helmet, it just smells bad!
I think it is delaying her being able to sit up, roll over, crawl, etc... They told us this would happen, but it still makes me sad watching her struggle to move around with the heavy helmet on her head.
On a happy note, it doesn't look like she will have any delays from the craniosynostosis. I don't think I mentioned in my last post here, but this birth defect can cause serious brain delays. The Dr. said that we would just have to watch and see, but that she seems to be right on track for her age. (I personally think she is fine).
And on another note, I completely realize that the above picture is blurry, but isn't my baby just so super de duper cute????

2 comments:

Cynthia Villarreal said...

She is absolutely beautiful. Helmet is temporary and I know that with God's help she is and will continue to be just perfect in every way!

Our children are the future said...

She is way too cute! I miss her! I have been in town for almost a month already and not really seen her.. due to illnesses, and me running a lot of errands... I need to come up and visit! :)