Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Why Mothers Don't Wear Makeup

Got up at 6:50 to get Seth some juice. Layed back down. Got up at 7:25 to Sarah screaming Mommm! Ran to her to find out that she wanted to show me the stars on her crib bumper so that we could sing twinkle, twinkle. Sang twinkle, twinkle. Layed Sarah on the couch and started Barney. She started crying for juice. Got the juice. Thought I had a second to potty...nope, Seth had now run out of juice. Get the juice, try to slip into the bathroom. Sarah starts crying and informs me that she is hungry. I tell her that mommy needs to potty and that I will get her food in a moment. She throws herself on the ground and has a fit because she is hungry. So, I start some scrambled eggs. While I am cooking the eggs, I remember that Sarah has a Dr Appt in an hour. Ok, I think I can get things together in an hour. Feed the kids there eggs and take a quick shower. Get dressed and start to put on some makeup. Seth starts screaming from the living room that Sarah has pooped. I go out there to find Sarah sheepishly standing next to her diaper (yes, NEXT to her diaper). I look up to find poop on our end table. I clean up the poop and replace the diaper. Back to the makeup. 1 min later it is too quiet. I check on Sarah to find out that she has found a pack of gum and unwrapped several pieces that she is now chewing on. Take away the gum (not without a fight) and go back to my makeup. Seth comes in and informs me that Sarah has "eaten" his teck deck (miniature skateboard). I find Sarah with all the wheels of the broken tech deck in her mouth. Pry them out and go back to my makeup. I quickly realize that I should check the time and wouldn't you know it....we are going to be late for our dr. appt. Get to appt and get through Sarah's shots just to find out that the Dr. would like me to take her to the lab to get some blood drawn. You know how that went. Not good. Anyway, that was my morning (this all happened by 11:00 a.m.) Now you know. So, if you see a mother in the store or the Dr office without any makeup on, just know that she earns the right not to wear it.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Kids definitely have a way to keep you on your toes! Makeup definitely falls way down on the list of priorities.

Circus Ringleader said...

So true.

Aaron & Jane said...

I'm lucky if I get to do my hair and makeup for church on Sunday!