Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Mel's Hiking Adventure

I went hiking yesterday. Ok, I will admit, it was beautiful to see the sunrise (we started at 4:45 a.m.), and it was a great workout (I think I burned seventeen thousand calories)., but it was HARD. I almost passed out three times, almost threw up about a dozen times, thought I saw snakes (sticks that look strikingly similar to snakes when laying on the side of a hiking trail), and ran because I thought a mountain lion was chasing me (turns out it was just the buckle on my backpack hitting the bushes). But I must say, I do feel good having acomplished something so out of my norm. A couple things I learned.... 1) Don't run down steep hills, 2) Keep your eyes on the trail....you will see strange creatures if you look into the bushes, 3) I am not an "outdoorsy" type of person.

1 comment:

Aaron & Jane said...

Is that a walking stick?? =) Hiking is so hard...I stick to flat land!