Tuesday, May 31, 2011

One of my favorite quotes

" I don't want to drive up to The pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothing, with my hair perfectly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from driving boys to scout camp. I want to be there with mud on my shoes from mowing Sister Snecks lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my nails from helping to weed someones garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheek and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know that I was really here and that I really lived"

Marjorie Pay Hinkley

No comments: